RECALL Nancy Oakley & John Douthirt
What are they doing?
- Short sighted decisions!
- Fired City Manager without cause and still no replacement in sight 8 months later
- Spend City dollars for a champagne toast to celebrate Hurricane Irma when half the city was still without power
- Budget Director, whose position was filled by violating the City Charter, committed over $20,000 of City’s funds for an item not budgeted. This is a direct violation of the Charter, only commissioners have the lawful right to do so by vote. Mayor Black, Commissioner’s Oakley & Douthirt would not comment on the violation.
- Oppose events at the City’s ROC Park that raises revenue for the city.
- Hired a city Attorney that works from their car/home with no secretary.
- Decisions at Commission meeting are foregone conclusions. Based on agreements made outside of meetings, which are sunshine violations.
- Commission meetings without proper notice.
What do we get?
- No Direction
- Commission meetings in chaos.
- Property values & local businesses suffer.
- Lost revenue and higher taxes.
- More law suites effected the City’s budget.